Bugs/Defects are the system faults and failures that need to be identified & corrected/removed for smooth functioning. Bug tracking software organizes bugs, helps teams collaborate, and helps you manage your project to meet your deadlines. For administrators, bug tracking tools help in identifying where the issues originated, who’s working on solving them and how much progress has been made toward a deadline. Bug tracking software can help you identify and resolve issues at every stage of the development process. It allows your team to visualize workflow, progress and individual tasks. Here are a few quick reviews about some best Bug Tracking systems which will help you find the one best suited to your needs.
- SpiraTest: SpiraTest is a quality assurance and test management tool that manages project’s requirements, test cases, bugs or defects and releases with integrated release scheduling and defect tracking. It uses real-time coverage analysis and requirements traceability and provides integrated dashboards of key project health and status information. The Project Group Dashboard allows you to view the aggregate status of the group as a whole. It also lets you compare the relative progress of different projects in a group. This tool allows you to create, edit and organize in a flexible, hierarchical folder structure. The Incident/Defect tracking system lets you create, edit, assign, track, manage and close issues or bugs. The customized reporting organize and displays information such as requirements coverage, test run progress, incident discovery rate and cumulative artifact counts. It also has a support for many automated testing solutions and third-party defect management systems.
- IBM Rational Clear Quest: IBM Rational ClearQuest is an enterprise level workflow automation tool configured as a bug tracking system. It can also be implemented as a CRM tool or as a tracking tool for the manufacturing process. A record can be changed or created using its multi-record update, inline modification, and inline creation features. This tool provides with tree navigation and record linking with typeahead incorporating full-text search. The CQWeb tool utilizes an application server to generate the web-based interface. IBM’s ALM template provides an efficient workflow and lifecycle management. It has real-time reporting and metrics system to provide project visibility and better decision making with configurable data fields to handle various bug reports. It has support for requirements, test and change management solutions like IBM Rational Doors, IBM Quality Manager, and Bugzilla.
- HP Quality Center: HP Quality Center is a quality management software that offers requirements management, test management and business process testing. It provides on-premise installation as well as cloud-based SaaS service. With its requirements management, you can gain full visibility into developer activity and lifecycle processes. The functional testing process can be automated and accelerated with its component-based test framework. It allows you to combine manual and automated testing for Agile software development teams. The Test & Defect Management feature allows users to track release progress and quality along with risk-based testing. This provides users with better collaboration and visibility tools. The Enterprise Synchronizer syncs the requirements and bug/defect data for better lifecycle management.
- Gemini Tracker: Gemini Tracker is a project tracker and bug tracking system for medium to enterprise level businesses. It lets you design your own customized workflow using drag & drop interface. Its reusable filters can be used to find bugs of interest and then save your search for subsequent use. The tool has a one-click, keyboard-centric and cross-project filter for instant issue filtering. The Dependency Management feature allows you to break down complex changes into smaller manageable units with no project limits. You can also assign items to multiple team members in the workflow. It also records work estimates and log time entries with its time reporting tool. The Road Maps & Changelogs are automatically generated to provide forthcoming and historic views of the project. It also has an integrated help desk for users to collaborate.
- Zoho Bug Tracker: Zoho Bug Tracker is an online bug-tracking and issue management software that lets you submit, organize and track bugs. Its bug tracking system automates bugs according to the custom project workflows, business rules and classifications. The business rules can be defined in a library which gets triggered when an update is made to the bug. The Bugs View provides a consolidated view to keep track of all bugs that needs to be fixed. It provides with a Kanban view that is a view of bugs as cards in different columns where each column corresponds to a bug status. The Milestones view monitors, schedule and control the project’s progress. This tool allows you to filter bugs based on users, modules and export them in desired formats. It lets you add intuitive tag labels for project files for a better search. The Upload Statistics feature provides a graphical view of files uploaded into the documents area based on folder and users. It also has a support for GitHub and BitBucket for additional functionality.
- Bugzilla: Bugzilla is a web-based free tracking tool that provides bug tracking and testing tools. The Bugzilla Life Cycle provides with an efficient workflow right from confirmation to its handling and reporting. It has an advanced search option for searching existing issues and filter using any field in the database. The Classifications feature allows you to manage and group multiple products. In this tool, “Projects” allow the users to file bugs which are assigned to a “Gatekeeper” that allocates its priority and responsibility levels. For quality assurance, you can define versions, development milestones and release versions. It also supports system of votes, in which users can vote for issues or features they wish to see implemented. It extends its capabilities as a technical support ticket system, task management tool, or project management tool.
- Jira: Jira is an issue tracking software that provides bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management. It allows users to resolve issues through multiple workflows. The Workflow Validator streamlines the workflow management and real-time visibility. The Jira Service Desk provides you with SLAs, customizable team queues, real-time reporting and streamlines customer requests. Its flexible defect tracking system can be integrated with your code and development environment. It has an add-on called Jira Agile which capture, assign and prioritize your work with efficient project management. Atlassian Marketplace powers Jira with over 800 add-ons and extensions for various functionalities and pre-defined workflows. This tool has the capability to import issue and projects from any other bug tracker. It has a strong mobile support option via HTML 5 interface without any download.