A DDoS attack shuts a business down, commonly by overwhelming/exhausting the company’s network or website. In addition to installing DDOS protection services, teaching your staff what DDoS attack traffic patterns look like and how to respond to them when you are under attack, can be extremely helpful in lessening the effects as well as increase the response rate in the event of an attack. That said, there are a variety of methods to mitigate and prevent DDoS attacks, most of which employ some form of traffic re-routing.
Distributed Denial of service (DDOS) protection services is the best way companies can protect themselves against the rising number of hacking-related crimes that are affecting Internet and E-commerce companies. Even though some companies only employ this service when they are under attack, an increasing number of companies that rely on network traffic and e-commerce for business are utilizing these services to protect themselves at all times. Here is the list the best DDOS protection services for you to choose from.
1. F5: F5 offers DDOS protection via the cloud. You can customize a mitigation strategy to best protect your site with its range of deployment methods. It offers a massive network and scrubbing capacity that is equipped to handle large scale attacks. F5 Networks Silverline has a huge traffic scrubbing capacity, and offers protection either onsite, in the cloud, or a combination of the two. 24/7 support is available. Purchase options include Utility (pay-as-you-go), bring your own license (BYOL) and subscriptions.
2. Verisign: Verisign allows you to redirect traffic to it’s scrubbing centers, blocking malicious traffic and allowing legitimate visitors to your site without interruption when a DDOS attack is detected. It manages the service using the cloud. Verisign offers scalable cloud-based DDoS monitoring and mitigation services, 24×7 support, and integrates deep threat analysis from Verisign iDefense. Verisign has added DDoS mitigation, managed DNS and threat intelligence to its security offerings.
3. Imperva: Imperva Incapasula is a cloud-based website security and performance service that protects your website and makes it faster using its CDN like technology. With 27 data centers across the globe, Incapsula has more scrubbing centers than most other DDoS mitigation services. With your choice of always-on or on-demand protection, a variety of mitigation techniques, and a large-scale, cloud-based network, Incapsula Enterprise offers DDoS protection for midsize and enterprise-level companies. Incapsula’s visitor identification technology can differentiate legitimate visitors from malicious clients or automated bots, which is particularly critical to identifying and stopping application layer attacks. Incapsula uses other mitigation techniques to thwart DDoS attacks, including rate limiting, IP blocking, and an enterprise-grade web application firewall, as well as deep packet inspection and automated bot detection. It also offers border gateway protocol and generic route encapsulation as an on-demand service routing all DDoS traffic through the company’s scrubbing centers. Rather than having to purchase and install hardware, customers use Incapsula’s protection service by changing their website’s DNS setting. Incapsula’s name server protection is designed to automatically identify and block attacks from DNS servers.
4. Akamai: Akamai is yet another innovative solution which uses cutting edge technologies for protecting your website from large volume DDOS attacks and other online threats. It is a cloud-based DDOS protection service and you can handle it from anywhere through its online portal. Even though this DDoS service is not a content delivery network, it is built on one to ensure optimization. One way Kona does this is by caching static content and sending it to the attacker. This DDoS mitigation service has a large presence and is capable of thwarting large-scale attacks. It also has a web application firewall that inspects individual traffic which intercepts any malicious attack. This tool only works against web-based attacks and is a good option for businesses only needing web protection.
5. CloudFlare: Cloud flare‘s rich security and performance features offers a variety of security options that include protection against spammers, SQL injection and cross site scripting. Not only can CloudFlare Enterprise shelter your website from DDoS attacks, but its content delivery network has features designed to increase the speed and availability of your site. CloudFlare offers several web operations: web content optimization, reputation-based security and a cloud-based web application firewall, and a DDoS protection service, to protect its clients. With 42 data centers spread across the globe, the service is designed to protect you from attacks, optimize your site and improve its availability. In addition to CloudFlare’s easy setup, the service provides a global content delivery network (CDN) that optimizes the performance of your website. CloudFlare not only guarantees 100% up-time, but puts in place service credits should you experience a lapse. Customer service is available constantly by phone and email. The website lists multiple phone numbers, including international callers, so you can be routed to a nearby agent. The service does not have live chat, but it lists several emergency numbers for when an attack is underway.