Web Scraping or Web harvesting is a technique of extracting data from the multiple web pages. It is a time-consuming and difficult process, but with the right tools, you can extract data easily for your online businesses. Put simply, Web scraping is the act of extracting content from a website, with the intent of using it for purposes outside the direct control of the site owner.
Advantages of web scraping:
- Provides great commercial advantage
- Makes searches of multiple websites more resource-efficient
- Increases transparency in search activities
- Allows researchers to share trained APIs for specific websites
- Track a competitor’s promotional pricing
- Overriding marketing campaigns
- Redirecting APIs
- Extraction of content and data
However, web scraping is mostly concerned with the transformation of unstructured data (HTML format) from the web into structured data (database/spreadsheet).
Web scraping APIs extract data and content from websites, normalizes and deploys API interfaces for integrating with content–proving to be one possible option for deploying APIs at web scale.
- Datahut: Datahut web scraping service helps companies get data for their operation through web scraping, web data extraction, web crawling, and data scraping. Their services even provide crawling and information extraction from the deep web. Datahut helps companies get review data through web scraping and uses open source Python Scrapy framework to cut down cost and help prevent proprietary technology deadlock.
- 80Legs: 80legs gives the users access to a massive web crawling platform that the users can configure to meet their web scraping needs. It makes web crawling technology more accessible to small companies and individuals by allowing leased access and letting customers pay only for what they crawl. 80legs has existing scrapers you can use, as well as the tools for you to build your own scrapers. Its top features are its high-performance web crawling with faster speed.
- Diffbot: Diffbot provides software developers with tools to extract and understand objects from any web page. It’s data extraction technology offers a suite of tools for automatically extracting web content as structured data, either through a UI or programmatically. It is capable of crawling millions of distinct URLs at rapid speeds. Diffbot is ideal for content management, image analysis, product data extraction, social media monitoring, or other custom data needs.
- PromptCloud: PromptCloud offers customized web crawling, web scraping, & data extraction services for enterprises. It is a Data as a Service (DaaS) platform that uses cloud-based services and machine learning to provide web crawling and data extraction functions. It delivers clean, structured data produced by the services using their RESTful API.
- Scrappy: Scrapy is a high-level web crawling & scraping framework for Python. Scrapy is an application framework for crawling web sites and extracting structured data which can be used for a wide range of useful applications like data mining, information processing or historical archival.
- Import.io: Import.io is a web scraping tool that converts webpages in to data. It allows users to create custom APIs or crawl entire websites using a desktop app (available on Mac, Linux, Windows). Import.io builds your own datasets by importing data from the webpage & exporting the data into comma separated file format. You can scrap a number of web pages easily, without a single line of code. Thus it presents a non-programming way to extract information out of web pages, and a GUI driven interface to perform all basic web scraping operations. Thus, it can be used for personal data projects, app creation, data journalism, database population etc