Marketing for sure is one of the aspects but it mostly comes down to understanding your customer base- who all are using your app and for what purposes i.e. the analytics of your app. This data helps you get a sense of the strengths and weaknesses of your app to improve upon it and all this is provided to you by certain App Analytics tools. You can browse through the downloads, revenues and so forth of a range of apps to make yours the best version of itself.
- App Annie: App Annie is one of the most popular services for app analytics and app market data, giving the users an easy-to-use platform for running every stage of their app business. It helps the users track their app’s downloads, revenue, reviews, and any app’s rank movement across all countries and categories. App Annie offers ‘Store Stats’ for free. Features concerning download and revenue estimates, app usage estimates, operator and OEM estimates, App Audience estimates are not available in the free plan. A lot of data delivery options like Advanced Tableau Workbooks, File reports and a dedicates customer success manager are also absent in the free plan. This includes:
Mixpanel: Mixpanel is a mobile and web analytics tool. It tracks the user’s interactions with the web and mobile applications and offers tools for targeted communication with them. Its tool set contains in-app A/B tests and user survey forms. The collected data is used to build custom reports and measure user engagement and retention.
- Rank history for millions of apps from app stores
- Ratings, reviews and feature tracker from app stores
- App Store Keyword Optimization (ASO)
- App Details
- Web for data delivery with 1 as the user limit
- Email Support
Mixpanel works on data points which are counted every time you track an event with Mixpanel. Every time you track an event (a song play, user comment, or step in a funnel) that will count as a data point. They are like tracking credits. The more data points you have, the more efficiently you can interact and gather data using this tool. Each plan prescribes certain data points. The free plan offers 25,000 data points and exceeding it means you will be charged.Flurry: Flurry provides analytics solutions for businesses to monitor the trends and habits of mobile users across multiple mobile applications. The company develops and markets a platform for analyzing consumer interactions with mobile applications. It is a solution for marketers to advertise in-apps, as well as a service for applying monetization structures to mobile apps. It is free of cost. It has features such as:
- Events- insight into how people are using your app through visualized usage trends, user path analysis etc.
- Funnels- get to know how users progress through specific paths in your app, where they drop-off and so on
- Retention- see how many of the users come back and stick to your app
- Segments- see how users and their behaviour on your app varies to find out who the most valuable ones are
- Interests- Flurry personas enable you to get acquainted with user interest and intent using their recent usage patterns, app collection and so forth
- Demographics- provides your users’ declared age and gender
- User Acquisition Analytics- monitors impacts of specific campaigns on your users