Yammer is a social networking service which was recently acquired by Microsoft is a hugely popular tool used in businesses for communication between their employees. With a software such as this, the employees of a company can communicate, share work related activities and collaborate on projects. Unlike social media which is open for the public to join, enterprise social networks only allow employees sharing the same work environment to communicate.
Yammer, currently is one of the fastest growing enterprise social networks with over 200,000 companies worldwide using it. Although it is tempting to choose Yammer, there are a few alternatives that you may find intriguing:
1. Salesforce: Salesforce Chatter allows microblogging, group posting, and file sharing. You can collaborate on sales opportunities, service cases, campaigns, and projects and take action by approving expense reports, creating support cases, updating orders, etc. You can customize actions for your company and communicate and track your team wherever and whenever you want with the Salesforce1 Mobile App from any device. You can also integrate third-party or your own custom apps, however, this feature is available only in its paid plan priced at $15 per user/month. In its free plan, they provide open and private conversations, user management, network analytics, keyword monitoring and Android and iOS mobile connectivity.
2. Tibbr: Tibbr has a very familiar interface which allows people to use it with ease and comfort. Help new employees to gain momentum within minutes by providing them with a place to find answers and information. It integrates with SharePoint, Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, and many other applications. It employs a two-way integration meaning people using different apps can contribute to the same project. Its user interface is completely customizable – from the masthead to the colour. It has a built-in enterprise-level security control and message privacy settings make sure inside information stays inside the company. The pricing is customizable depending on your company’s needs.
3. SocialCast: SocialCast offers real-time feedback, microblogging and group posting. People, systems, and projects are centralized allowing you to work more efficiently. Questions are answered by the community in real time and on any device. Executives and employees can engage in two-way dialogue using an open forum. You can also track progress on the go with the Socialcast mobile app. Its pricing starts at $2.58 per user/month to $7.58 per user/month and offers no additional feature save the increase in the number of users. It supports Android, iOS, and Windows, and integrates with Airbrake, Box, Github, Google Hangouts, Jenkins, YouTube, etc.
4. Jive: Jive-n is a social intranet software which provides pre-built pages and an easy-to-configure news page which helps you save a lot of time. They provide a lot of apps for mobiles which are designed according to specific purposes and are fully integrated with Jive-n; such as the Jive Circle which helps you find people in a mobile employee directory. Jive also seamlessly integrates with Outlook, Gmail, Google Docs, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft Skype, etc. Their pricing is customizable according to company requirements and provides features such as an unlimited number of users, microblogging, open/private conversations, network analysis and file sharing.
5. Zyncro: Zyncro integrates with CRMs, ERPs, CMSs and adds business contents from different sources. It offers features such as microblogging, social crowdsourcing, group posting, open/private conversations, community management services, and universal search. With geo-localization integrated into the mobile app, you can even track your employees’ mobility. It also gives you the ability to create social support communities for customers, patients, users, etc. Its pricing is customizable according to company needs.