For easy collaboration with your team and clients file sharing services will play an integral part. These online file sharing services enable you to rapidly send heavy files and create a collaborative workflow with your colleagues. Even though e-mailing may seem like an easy alternative, it fails to deliver where heavy files are concerned. Email attachments can get rejected due to the upper limit on file sizes. Uploads and downloads can be extremely slow which hinders the workflow. The storage and bandwidth capacities of these services make them a suitable option. However, they come with varied storage capacities, apps and quirks in different contexts- corporate and personal and a mix of plans- free and paid. Here we review some of our favorite ones.
1. WeTransfer: WeTransfer is a file sharing service that allows you to send small to large files online. With its free version, you can send files up to 2 GB while the upgraded account allows a limit of 10 GB. Unlike most of the other players in this service, the paid account allows you to keep your shared file as long as you choose. It is available on iOS and Android and is compatible with all devices.
2. DropSend: DropSend is an online file sharing service with unlimited bandwidth for sharing & receiving files except for its personal plans. The size of the file you can transfer is up to 8 GB. The DropSend Direct is a desktop app that is provided for easy online sharing. It also provides a built-in address book & white labels. It comes with six different kinds of plans- Lite, Basic, Standard, Professional, Business Lite and Business, each progressively more and more costly.
3. Hightail: Hightail is an online service that allows you to synchronize, sign and share documents electronically. The paid plans provide a user with unlimited storage and bandwidth but with a 10GB file size limitation. Online collaboration allows you to share folders, invite guests, sync files and even use its MS-Outlook plugin. The plans are divided into the categories of Free, which is the cheapest, Lite and Team which is the most expensive one. It is available on iOS and Android.
4. SendSpace: Sendspace is a file sharing service that allows you to send, receive, track and share large files. Its free “Lite” service lets you send files up to 300MB and even larger files in split parts. One of its unique features is remote uploading through which already hosted files are fetched and added to your account. The plans come under free, Pro and ProPlus.
5. SendThisFile: SendThisFile is a file sharing service that uses cloud computing and 128-bit TLS encryption to allow users to send large data files online. The recipient does not need to have a registered account to receive files. There is no limit on file size although your files are retained on their servers for 6-14 days. It is great for enterprises with plans under Starter, Professional, Business and Enterprise.
6. Minibox: Minibox is a premium unlimited file sharing service with no limits on file size, a number of files or file type. Unlike most other file sharing services, it allows you to share files using drag & drop while the files are still uploading in the background. It lets you upload files of any size that is retained for 30 days. Plans can be subscribed to under the Gangster, Baller and Boss categories, the latter being the more expensive and advanced ones.
7. Send6: Send6 is a professional file sharing service that provides file storage, transfer & delivery online. It allows companies to integrate a custom branded file delivery service into their company website. The file tracking features include Clients/Employees file storage, transfer usage, visit and download tracking. Send6 caters for both personal and professional purposes with six categories like Personal, Corporate, Business etc. The Lite one is free of cost while the rest are all paid. They allow a range of 250 MB to 2 GB sized uploads depending on the subscribed plan.
8. Filemail: FileMail is a file sharing solution that allows online sharing of documents through mobile and the web. It allows the user to send 30GB for free, with no registration required. It allows unlimited file sizes for downloads for its paid users. Also, it provides you with Outlook, Desktop, and FileMail Receiver plug-ins. FileMail comes with the Free, Pro and Business plans.