1. Whether it provides a free plan or not. With all the options available today, make sure you are getting a lot of premium features if you are paying for a blog.
2.Whether it provides blog templates to help you work easily
3.Whether it provides domain names, both chargeable or non-chargeable.
4.Whether it accommodates a number of text styles, links, audio, video and chat features.
5.Whether they are mobile and tablet-compatible. Most modern blogging services are.
The following are the 5 best blogging services available as of now:
• WordPress is an online, open-source website creation tool written in PHP. It is one of the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management systems (CMS) on the market today, considering it dominates most online publishing platforms by occupying 24% of the internet. Users can create their blogs and supplement them with a huge variety of plugins.
• Tumblr is another widely-used platform that acts both as a blogging tool and a social network that provides users with the opportunity to create entries of text with photos, quotes, link, music and videos on a number of devices including mobile phones and tablets. Tumblr lets its users customise everything from text to their theme’s HTML. With its strong reblogging culture, content diversity and user interaction and communication, Tumblr can also be accessed on apps on Google Android, Apple iOS and as well as on Microsoft Windows Mobile.
• Weebly is one of the many website builder options which gives you the ability to create site within minutes via its drag-and-drop interface which can be further used to build blog content. Weebly provides its users with free templates with other excellent tools to accompany the text which can also be edited. Custom domain name services can be purchased from Weebly.
• Blogger is a blog-publishing service provided by Google that is absolutely free of charge. It offers users a high degree of customization and the opportunity to get a custom domain. Providing its app on both Google Android and Apple iOS, it also gives users an opportunity to hide their identities.
• Medium is a publishing platform that enables its users full control over their content, content security and social media sharing. If you just want to write a text-based article with maybe a couple of images in it, Medium will help you do that in probably less time than other basic interfaces would. It enables its users to make an impression on others by actively participating in different topics being discussed.