Every property manager or landlord faces some common problems such as filling vacancies, renewing leases, keeping track of rent payments, cutting costs and increasing the profits from their assets. Property Management Tools come to the rescue as they manage all these problems on your behalf. They save you time and effort and you can be rest assured that your processes are being managed efficiently. Here is the list of best Property Management tools that you can choose based on your requirements:
1. Rentpost: RentPost provides features such as unit and tenant management, work orders, contact management, online rent collection, and accounting. Its activity feed helps in keeping track of business updates in real time, integration of online rent collection with the accounting component and keeping a record of payments. Its dashboard facilitates keeping an eye on key rental metrics by displaying the number of delinquent tenants, the outstanding dollar amount rental payments, the dollar amount of outstanding rent and money under process in online system. Their plan starts from $29/moth to $249/month.
2. Rentec: Rentec Direct is designed for the management of 25 -5000 units. This web-based, full-featured management system has no start-up fee or term commitments. Its key features include general ledger accounting and financial reporting, Quickbooks synchronization, online custom-branded portals, work orders tracking, vacancy listings syndication and tenant background screening among many more. It also provides a custom website and website hosting where you can promote your property online. Its bank-grade security has 2-factor authentication, third party security verification, and real-time secure data backup. Rentec Pro starts from $65/month and Rentec PM starts from $75/month.
3. Yardi: Yardi, being a property management software, provides investment management solutions meeting the user’s specific needs. It combines operational and accounting data and supports different type of properties. More than 140 industry standard reports are made available for export by this software in formats like PDF, Word or Excel. It also allows automatic reconciliation for estimated CAM. It streamlines the tenant receipt recording with the help of smart input methods and optical character recognition scanning for tracking payables in cash as well as accrual accounting.
4. Appfolio: Being a web-based system, AppFolio Property Manager serves all business needs for resident property managers. This cloud-based rental property management software allows you to automate your business and run it more efficiently. This software includes email work-orders, owner statements and resident communications. It makes life easier for you by listing vacant properties, filling out application forms, populating a customized lease agreement, accepting payments etc. It has a 24/7 online tenant portal which supports different payment options such as e-check, credit card or electronic cash payment. It is loaded with features like vacancy and rent tracking, tenant liability insurance, professional websites, a rent comparison tool, automatic posting of bills and others.
5. Propertyware: Propertyware serves your tracking and management needs for 20-5000 units. The design of this scalable tool helps resident property managers function more efficiently. This software makes online property marketing simple for its users. Its list of feature includes accounting, portals for owners and tenants, websites with customization options, marketing processes, tenant screening and other crucial property management tasks. It can also be availed as per need basis. Its accounting functionality is made flexible and complete by integration with Quickbooks. It is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux. There is no need to download or install it due to its online nature. Its specialized portal allows you to keep track of property status.