Collaboration is commonly defined as working with another individual or group in order to achieve something. With that, we can define a collaboration tool: a technology tool that can be used to help people work together to achieve a common goal or objective. This software provides your business with efficient utilization of both economic and human resources, resulting in increased productivity and efficiency. Here is the list of the best collaboration tools:
1. Zoho Projects: Zoho Projects is an online collaboration software which is part of the Zoho Office Suite. With various plans, Zoho also offers a Free plan that provides features like API Access, File/Document Sharing and Collaboration Features such as Dashboard and Calendar. T he three main components of Zoho are its task management, progress track and collaboration tools. However, features like Time Tracking, Invoicing, Expense Tracking, Resource Management and Automatic Notification can only be availed at other higher paid plans. Zoho reports integration allows advanced business analytics of projects as well as mobile apps for iPhone, Android and a special integration with Google Apps.
2. Wrike: Wrike offers services for its users to control projects, keep informed about deadlines and schedules, prioritize tasks, and collaborate with others in multi-functional teams. Wrike offers various plans starting from free plan that entails many powerful features such as File Sharing, Time Tracking, Invoicing, Recurring Tasks, Gantt Charts and Automatic Notifications. The projects in Wrike are divided into tasks and task management, including collaboration, email integration and file management capabilities. Users can access 34 integrations including Android and iOS native apps, Google Apps, Dropbox, MS-Project, IBM Connections and Salesforce.
3. Asana: Asana is one of the most popular web and mobile project management applications designed to enable teamwork without email. Asana assigns each team their particular workspace, which contains projects; which in turn contain tasks. Members follow projects and tasks and when the state of a project or task changes, followers get updates in their inboxes. Asana offers a variety of plans starting from $8.33/month with features like File Sharing, Time Tracking, Gantt Charts etc. Although, additional features as per requirement can be availed as the plan goes. It is integrated with various 3rd party apps like Dropbox and Google Drive, and has native apps for iOS, iPad & Android, along with its API support. In terms of Security, Asana offers BackUps, secure SAS 70 data-centers for hosting, firewalls, access restrictions and Amazon’s RDBS deployment. It also integrates with Mobile platforms.
4. Basecamp: Basecamp is a web-based project-management tool which has over 15 million users. With business plans starting from $99/month and a 30 days free trial, Basecamp offers a variety of features such as File/Document Sharing, Milestones, Time Tracking and Calendar as a collaboration feature. Basecamp is completely free for teachers and students, and also offers discounts for non-profit organizations (50% off). It allows an unlimited number of members, along with 100 GB of file storage space. Integration with Basecamp’s own Campfire product and features APIs, user permission management, recurring tasks, a variety of mobile apps, various 3rd party integration and a powerful search tool as the plan goes higher in price. It supports web, iOS, Android, Mac, and PC platforms.
5. Clarizen: Clarizen is a work management and project management software company. In addition to various plans, the lowest starting at $60/month (Enterprise Edition), Clarizen also provides a 30 days free trial to its users. It offers features such as budget and expense management, Document sharing, time tracking, expense tracking and Gantt charts in its lowest paid plan. It offers unlimited edition ($80/month) for large enterprises. One of the unique features of Clarizen is the ability of CAD designers to attach CAD drawings to a project, and to move between the project and design views. Clarizen offers features like import resources, Expense management, budgeting, when it comes to Resource Management. It also supports all major mobile platform.