There are several factors that affect the conversion rate. These should be kept in mind while building a landing page. Some of the important ones are mentioned below:
- Performance - You could have amazing content but if your page doesn't load quickly, you're most likely to lose him before you could even show it. Needless to say, page speed is an important factor.
- USP - Your USP should be defined clearly in as little words as possible. It is not necessary to use elaborate and adverbs that just confuse the visitors.
- Benefits - It is a bad idea to list all the features on your landing page. They're simply not the ideal place to list them. Landing pages should instead list the benefits your visitors would enjoy by using your product/service.
- Social Proof - Go beyond just displaying logos of organizations that use your product/service. List quotes, links and even videos of customers! The more trustworthy visitors feel you are, the more likely they are to buy your product/service.
- Explicit CTA - Your CTA button should clearly convey what the user is going to do when they click on it. This makes sure that the user is well aware of what they are going to experience and won't be taken back by some unexpected behaviour.